Spork's Odd Squad Party

Invitation:
Manila Folders from Dollar Tree
I made our own invitations with manila folders.  I downloaded the Odd Squad seal and badge and put them in a Google doc with the wording:
Calling all Odd Squad Agents!  Your secret mission, should you choose to accept it...
Come celebrate Agent Spork's 8th birthday!  Report on (date) to Headquarters (address)
RSVP to HQ by (date) (contact info)
Hubby printed them on a color printer, and I attached them to the folders with paper clips.  I put Agent First Name on the tabs with blue Sharpie and glued a Odd Squad seal on the front.   These were hand-delivered - don't they look like official dossiers?



Thank You Notes:
I always make Thank You notes when I make the invitation.  I used the gold cards in the pack of Spritz cards I bought from Target years ago and just glued on the seals.



Outfits for Party
I printed out these ID badges and photos of the kids, then placed them in these lanyard holders.
My mom sewed red neckties out of wide ribbon and went above and beyond to make breakaway elastic bands.  I printed out the Odd Squad Badges (not the seals) on yellow paper and laminated them, then stuck them to the kids with masking tape.


I ordered this adorable shirt for Spork from The Cornflower Tortilla!  TCF is one of my friends, and we've been working together to cross promote our art businesses.  She is super talented and can make any tee you can imagine!

Tater momentarily dressed as Ms. O and was so cute I almost couldn't take it.  She couldn't either - she ditched the uniform in favor of shorts and a tee so she could get in on the action.




Favors:
Top Secret label - free printable here
Clasp Envelopes from Dollar Tree
Mustaches from Dollar Tree
Mini Legal Pads from Dollar Tree
Spy Pens from Amazon - wow, these are a hit and probably going to be Valentine swag in our family too.
Centigurp
2 Dove dark chocolates in purple foil wrappers purchased from Easter clearance.  They looked like centigurps too!  I am purposefully stingy with goody bag candy as a gift to the parents of our guests.




Activities

Laser Maze!  The Nugget used painter's tape to attach red yarn to the hallway walls.  It was a great way to welcome our guests, and apparently I didn't get a photo!

Agent Boot Camp!  Agent Boot Camp we set up an obstacle course in the backyard, and the Nugget went above and beyond and hand-drew a course map, then ran a copy for each agent!









Catch the Centigurps - we made yarn pom poms before the party, and the Nugget hid them in the yard.



Spork helped make a centigurp and trimmed it so carefully and repeatedly that it eventually collapsed into nothing but yarn bits.  Process art at its finest!


Crack Ms O's Coldest Cases - I just read these out loud, and these little mathematicians solved them in no time!

Make your own Gadget - we set out duct tape, masking tape, hot glue, random recyclables, scissors, and paper.  This was such a hit and supports my hidden agenda of bringing a bit of Reggio-inspired playtime into every party.


The Food

I made ransom-note-type signs by cutting individual letters out of a few coupon mailers and glueing them on white card stock, then matting them on blue construction paper.  We also served Take and Bake Aldi pizzas and cheesy bread, lemonade, and juice.

 Popcorn - in waxed paper bags with the seal - "Pop Secret"

 "Hot on the Trail" Mix, fortune cookies "Undercover Messages", and grapes and blueberries "Warning! Explosives!"

Bottled waters with the seal and strip of leftover blue paper from another project.  Kids' parties are great stash busters for your crafting supplies!

My talented friend made this gorgeous and tasty cake and even used our plant-based food colors.  To make serving easier, we offered a choice of a frozen fruit bar or an ice cream bar in lieu of scooping ice cream.


It was a super fun theme, and I'm so glad we got to do it!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts