Proud moments



To start off, I should explain that although the Nugget has not yet uttered the title of this Blog (Mom, are you watching me?), we are just counting down the days until it becomes his mantra.  His personality in a single word: charming.  He sucks up attention like a sponge, and of course we are only too happy to oblige.  He can win anyone over with his big smile and goofy ways.  While I would never want to pigeonhole him or pressure him toward any career path, let me just say that I would not be at all surprised if he wanted to be some sort of entertainer or salesman, because the Nugget can work a crowd.  When the Nugget finally meets his baby brother or sister, it's going to be simultaneously the best and worst thing for him - he will have to share his spotlight, but he will also gain a little admirer.  Let's hope he teaches lil sib his cute dance moves and not the launching-self-off-furniture moves.
.........................................................................................................
One of my favorite things the Nugget does is look up at us proudly when he does something he deems noteworthy.  It is an open mouth smile (with a ribbon of drool), eyes wide, as if to say, "Are you SEEING this?!"  On a good day, I get "the look" about a dozen times.  Currently, "the look" revolves around lifting his shirt and discovering his belly button.  It's like a wonderful surprise to him, that it's there, just lurking under his shirt, waiting to be proudly shown to anyone within a 12 foot radius.  I'm hoping there will be some aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents willing to admire the Nugget's navel this Christmas.  Because he'll keep showing it off until someone confirms that, "Yes, that's your belly button!" 

Comments

  1. OMG! A belly button? Why didn't someone tell me I had one of those?!?! And right under my shirt? Man, if I wouldn't have read this, I would've never know it was there!!

    Ahh, yes, the drool....hence the nickname drool monster...hehe

    B ":o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so cute. I miss you guys and watching the Nugget grow.
    B, now it's YOUR turn to get a blog! :-)
    ~Christa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts