5 Things

This is a game started by Her Bad Mother.  I think we moms do a disservice to claim that motherhood is all butterflies and ponies.  It's great, hard, incredible, and awful at the same time!  I wouldn't change it for the world.

5 Things I Dislike about being a Mom
1.  It's easy to feel isolated.
2.  I miss my pre-mom friendships, which have all changed, slid through my fingers despite my attempts to preserve them.  Some are still hanging on, but I know they won't ever be the same.  
3.  Vomit.
4.  No time off duty.  Even when I go out courtesy of wonderful Hubby, I feel like I've lost a limb, and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the phone to ring with a crisis.  Not that he's ever had one while I've been out, but IT COULD HAPPEN!
5.  Schlepping the weight of the world in my diaper bag or worse, forgetting a critical item when we're away from home!

5 Things I LOVE about being a Mom
1.  The warmth of my son when he cuddles under my chin.
2.  The way he looks at me as if I hold the key to understanding the universe.
3.  Feeling profoundly important, fulfilled, and loved.
4.  The ease of befriending fellow moms, even when we have nothing in common except children.  
5.  Rediscovering the world each day, from a toddler's perspective.

Comments

Popular Posts