For My Mom


Dear Mom,

I never knew how much you loved me until we adopted the Nugget.  A mother's love is too hard to describe or define; it's something that can only be felt.  

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  Elizabeth Stone

Each and every day, I am so thankful that the adoption agency chose you to be my Mom.  Some things in life are certainly chance, but I have to believe that God knew that I needed you.  Not just any mom, but YOU.  You instilled my work ethic, generosity, and compassion.  You patiently forgave me my impulsive streak, my dramatics, my teenage melancholy, my stubborness.  You comforted me through skinned knees, heartbreaks, and convinced me that I didn't have to become a nun if I didn't want to.  You let me get a dog, as if wrangling 4 children wasn't hard enough.

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. Abraham Lincoln

Now that the Nugget has made you a Grammy, there is something unbelievably tender about watching you plunge happily into that role.  

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.  Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.  Alex Haley

Thank you for all that you are, all that you have done for me, and all that you will continue to do and be.

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. Tenneva Jordan


Comments

Popular Posts