Nugget Pronunciation Guide


Pre-Nugget, I feared I would never be able to speak toddler.  When random small cousins, nephews, or friends' children tried to ask or tell me something, I always required their parents' translations.  Luckily, as the Nugget's verbal abilities are taking flight, my toddler translation chip has clearly clicked into gear.  Now I'm the one everyone looks to for translation...trippy.  Interestingly enough, the Nugget continues to sign some words that he can't yet say.  Other words, he chooses to speak only, even though he knows the signs.  Still others, he will sign and say in tandem.

A Nugget to English Guide - 26 month dialect
wa-wer......water
buh-fly......butterfly
ca-cker.....cracker
mo............more
foom........airplane
kkrrk.......oink or quack
moosk.....music
peas.........please
wilk.........milk
jaff...........giraffe



Comments

Popular Posts