Baking Gals






I'm officially a Baking GAL!  I'm thanking my lucky stars that there are good people out there protecting our country, but I hate that they have to witness such violence and suffering, be separated from their loved ones, and risk their lives each day.  They are earning my cushy privileged life with their blood and sweat.  A few batches of baked goods and a handful of prayers hardly seem like payment enough.  Here's my first care package, shipping out Monday:

white chocolate chip cranberry cookies
mini turtles - pretzels, melted Rolos, and pecans
peanut butter cookies with mini Reeses cups

Originally, I was also going to include Andes brownies, but they wouldn't fit in the flat rate box, so I'll keep them in mind for the next round.

The Nugget assisted by watching the Kitchen Aid spin hypnotically, dumping in pre-measured ingredients, and of course, taste-testing.

Comments

  1. That is awesome Annie! I am going to visit the site and look into it. I LOVE to bake, but it is dangerous to do so too often. This would be a safe way to bake as the goodies would be sent off! :) Bless you. I sure enjoy your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Annie! I am proud of you for deciding to DO something and DOING IT!
    Oh, and the mini turtles are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts