My favorite things




I love these mini takeout boxes! I found them back when I was in the gift basket biz, and you can do so many things with them. Here, I filled each box with 3 hand-dipped Oreos (recipe below - so simple!), decorated them with a strip of scrapbook paper, a ribbon, and a mini ornament (purchased 2 boxes at Target post-Christmas last year for mere pennies).

Dipped Oreos - these are SO decadent!
1. Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips (semisweet, milk, dark, or white) as directed on package.
2. Dip an Oreo half-way to coat. Gently shake off excess chocolate.
3. Dip one side into crushed peppermint candies. I bought mine pre-crunched, but to save money, you can buy a 99 cent box of candy canes and either take out your aggressions manually or crush them in the food processor.
4. Lay on a Silpat- or wax paper-covered baking sheet with the peppermint side up. Cool on the counter (not in the fridge, it will make the chocolate bloom).

Comments

  1. Adorable! What a fun idea Annie. You are so creative! I think I will give this a whirl for our preschool teachers present this year. Thanks for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not kidding when I say that I feel like Shrek compared to you, especially in the area of, er, okay in ALL the areas of homemaking.
    These cookies sound delish and of course, your packaging is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts