On minions and eardrum assault

The Nugget told me the other day, "I want a real baby. I need a real one. A real baby." I told him that Mommy and Daddy would like that too. I think he assumes that a little sib is going to be an automatic minion. He's going to be unpleasantly surprised.

The Nugget has been bossing everything around from Doggie to Daddy, and it's trippy to hear my words coming out of his mouth. Stern voice, "Sit down on that chair RIGHT NOW." Oh boy. Kids are definitely a reflection of your best and worst, and I am definitely going to keep attempting to treat the Nugget with not only firmness but also respect.

At dinner, the Nugget stopped eating to look directly at Doggie. He turned to us and said, "Doggie has a tummy ache. Doggie has a stomachache." She looked normal to us, so I said, "Oh, I think she's ok. Maybe she's feeling better?" The Nugget shook his head and said, "No, she has stomachache." A few hours later, Hubby saw Doggie eating grass, a sure sign of tummy upset. Perhaps he is the reincarnation of Dr. Dolittle.

The Nugget's favorite video now (possible ever) is Puppytown Growing Up. Footage of real puppies and dogs doing various jobs and tricks, like Search and Rescue, Agility, and Herding. Each segment is accompanied by possibly the most annoying songs known to man (Jake the Firehouse Dog is probably the soundtrack playing in hell on a continuous loop). But the Nugget is enthralled, and I know if I'd had this video as a child, I would also have played it until my parents wanted to puncture their own eardrums. It's educational, non-violent, and age-appropriate, so I can't really complain.

A frequent phrase uttered by the Nugget is, "I'm doing that." It's very versatile, and used to describe anything from eating breakfast to building a block tower to attempting the monkey bars.


Comments

Popular Posts