Off to school

The Nugget started preschool this week.  Here is the mandatory first day photo.  My friend LH suggested taking a last day of the year photo as well, so I think we'll do that and compare.

How does the Nugget like school?:
1.  At drop off, the Nugget did not cling nor cry, but instead took off, his eyes set on a toy tractor.  I had to chase him down for a kiss goodbye.
2.  At pick up, the Nugget threw a huge tantrum for Daddy, because he did not want to leave school.
3.  We get notes from the teachers each day stating what he enjoyed and did.  They are happy glowing reports.
4.  The Nugget mentioned he was thankful for each teacher by name while saying grace at dinner.
5.  When we ask him about his day, he trips over his words because he has so much to tell us and is so excited to brag about what he did.  I cherish this stage - soon we'll ask what he did at school and the answer will be a sullen, "Nothing."  But for now it's, "I play, I played with streamers!  Did dancing with streamers.  There was music.  Played airplanes, airplanes go vroooommm-shhh, fly high in the sky, and I played helicopter goes chopchopchopchop, and a friend said no.  And a friend was sad, needed hug from teacher.  I played with friend J, J goes shoooook."

In the meantime, I am using the first hour of preschool to work out, the second to eat lunch and shower, the 3rd to scrapbook/clean, and the 4th to make dinner.  I get just enough of a break to feel like myself (and not "just a mom") again, but by hour #4, I am missing my little Nugget like crazy and can't wait to swoop him into my arms and hear all about his day.  I LOVE preschool.

Comments

  1. How cute!! Glad he's having fun! Ladybug loves preschool too... hers is only two and a half hours though. I bet you DO get a lot done in four hours - sounds like a good deal :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts