I'm just doing that.

The most heard phrase in our house is now, "I'm just doing that." It's mostly a stalling technique, when he doesn't want to answer our questions. "That" could be anything from messing around with something forbidden, to hanging upside down, to jumping on the furniture, to dawdling...it's really very versatile. When we ask the Nugget if he's done eating, he whines, "NO! I'm just doing that." When we tell him to please sit in his car seat, he cheerfully states, "I'm just doing that."
***********************************************
I told the Nugget that it was naptime, and more of my words came tumbling out of his mouth. "I'm sorry, that's NOT an option right now."
***********************************************
At church today, the Nugget spots a woman in an animal print (I think it was leopard), and squeals loudly, "Look, Mommy! She's (pointing) being a giraffe! Hi giraffe!"

Comments

  1. LOL!!!! Oh, ya gotta love it. Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Oh, I'm sorry, but "that's NOT an option right now" made me actually LOL. I needed that!
    B ":o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts