Knowledge

Nugget: Daddy, are you a boy?
D: Yes, I am. Are you a boy?
N: Yeah, I'm a boy too.
D: Is Mommy a boy?
N: No! Mommy is a guh-rul. Silly Daddy, you forgot!
********************************************
N: Daddy, can you read that please? (the item number in fine print on the back of his Halloween fork)
D: (has read this upon Nugget request about 10 times that week) Double Nice Company Limited 23402032016655016 July 2010.
N: You forgot the F.
D: Oh wow. You're right! How did you know that?!
N: Read it again with the F please.
D: Double Nice Company Limited 234020320F16655016 July 2010.
N: You remembered the F.
*******************************************
Background info: We often use the Love and Logic "energy drain" tool with the Nugget when he's acting especially 3. We'll say, "Oh, when you choose to scream like that/dump your milk on the floor/not wash your hands when you're asked, it really drains my energy. If Mommy runs out of energy, I will have to lie down on this couch for awhile instead of taking you to the park. Can you think of a way to give me my energy back?" The Nugget is now making energy claims of his own.

Nugget: Doggie used up all my energy.
Daddy: Why?
N: Because she was right there (points accusingly at Doggie who is innocently sitting near his feet, apparently too close for comfort).

Comments

Popular Posts