Hope

Maybe it's just because it's Christmas time, or maybe it actually does get "easier" with repetition, but today I woke up and felt hope stirring in my soul. Is it foolishness or a prompting from a merciful God?
********************************
Very off-topic (or maybe not, because the Nugget is like a sunbeam), I forget every year that the Nugget's cheeks get chapped every winter here. It's the combination of the cold windy air outside plus the dry heated air inside, that no amount of lotion nor sunscreen can help. It took me a few weeks to remember what I did for it last year, and it was Burt's Bees Apricot Baby Oil. I picked up a bottle today and set it near the kitchen table (but up out of reach), so I'll remember to oil him up after each meal. The apricot scent is subtle, and unlike a balm or stick, it glides on without tugging at his sensitive skin. I called him my oily beau-hunk (Sixteen Candles), and the Nugget spent the rest of the day referring to himself as an oily beau-hunk in the third person. "Oily beau-hunk is eating blackberries. Oily beau-hunk is dancing!" It was basically the best thing ever.

Comments

  1. certainly not foolishness, so i'm going with prompting from a merciful God :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts