Bowl me over




We took the Nugget bowling for the first time this weekend. My friend E tipped me off that our local alley has these special ramps the little ones can use, plus kids' shoes and lightweight balls. The Nugget wasn't even the youngest there.
The Nugget proudly chose a fuschia 7 pound ball (he wanted purple, but the purple ones were all 12 pounds or up) and hefted it around like a pro. I kept trying to spot him, but he was all like, 'Mom, I got this.' Didn't drop it once! He was so attached to it, he even wanted to hold it while he waited for Daddy to bowl.

The Nugget alternately granny bowled and used the ramp, with equal success. Hubby was able to set up the game so that the bumpers popped up for the Nugget's turn. Of course, his favorite part was the ball return. He wouldn't even wait to see if his ball knocked down any pins; he just raced over to the machine for the exquisite delight of seeing his ball appear out of the darkness.

Comments

Popular Posts