Tell me what you want to hear

When playing with his monster truck, the Nugget said, "Yeah, it's amazing....just the way you are." (That's a Bruno Mars reference for the Nugget, not Billy Joel or Mr. Rogers.)

Hubby and Nugget came into the room, and I greeted them, "Hi boys!" The Nugget replied, "Hi girl! Wanna do something with me?"

The Nugget's favorite singers right now are Katy Perry (especially "Firework", which he memorized the first time he heard it) and Lady Gaga. He also loves to belt out "Secrets" by OneRepublic.

I often call the Nugget "mini Will Ferrell". He hasn't seen anything the comic has done, but he has the same sense of slapstick, timing, and just plain goofiness. He can turn anything into a joke. Today, he went upstairs to fetch Giraffe and as he headed up the stairs, he turned to wave to us, "Bye Mom! Bye Blue! I be right back. Boom!" And all I could think about was Chazz Michael Michaels.

Overheard at church:
N: Daddy, did you get your hair cut?
D: Yes, before Christmas, I got it cut.
N: (feeling Daddy's head) It looks so nice!

N: Mommy, my feet are a present for you. You can unwrap them now.
M: Do you mean that you want me to take your shoes off?
N: Yes! Unwrap my feetsies, they are a present for you.
M: (taking off shoes) Wow, what a great present!
N: Yeah, the feet are a remote control train for you.
M: Ok...I'll pull on this lever (moving a toe), and maybe the train will move.
N: Chug-chug-chug....woo woo!

Comments

Popular Posts