Love and Hate

The Nugget is a passionate child, and has already formed some love/hate relationships. You just never know what side of the coin will land.

Bathtime - right now, tubby time is in the Nugget's good graces, thanks to the Nearly No Christmas scene with Santa enjoying a bubble bath. But we have had phases where we've had to drag him kicking and screaming to the tub and wash quickly! Miss L gave us the most genius suggestion - calling a dry washcloth an "umbrella" and letting him hold it over his face during the hair rinse.

Doggie - He refuses to acknowledge that she's his friend or part of our family. "No, she is NOT a good guh-rul," is a frequent complaint. But when he's not chasing her with his grocery cart or being reprimanded for poking her feet, he's cuddling up to her, giving her kisses and hugs, and attuned to her every desire. "Doggie wants more dinner. Doggie needs to go outside and go potty. Doggie wants her bone. We are having a puppy nuzzle nest."

Small dogs - He was once their biggest fan. A dog, only tiny? How amazing! But then he realized that they jump, they're spazzy, they're yippy. And now he wants to be picked up anytime he sees one within sniffing range. He told, Miss L, "Please don't bring Doggie M (chihuahua) here, because he'll touch my toys."

Dinosaurs - Not so long ago, Dinosaur Train was his favorite video, his favorite thing to play, he wanted dinosaur books from the library, and he'd hum the songs daily. Now, he hides his face anytime he sees a dinosaur, and does not even want to discuss them. If he sees a dino, he'll tentatively ask me, "What's that?" but when I confirm it's a dinosaur, he moans, "Noooo, I don't want you to say that." All of his dinosaur toys have been relocated to the basement until he works through this new fear. I can totally relate - I remember my brother and I watched the super-cool and super-terrifying Walking with Dinosaurs. I was fine with them during the day, but I know I made my brother hide his T-Rex model in the dresser before I could fall asleep at night.

Comments

Popular Posts