Easter basket ideas



Easter is a-ways off, which means it's the best time to start scouting for deals on your Easter gifts! Pick up one thing on sale each week, and you'll be done before tax day! Here are some pictures of the Nugget enjoying his past 3 Easters...he's not looking at the camera in any of these shots. I love capturing him doing his own thing sometimes, and those little soft cheeks are awfully cute from the side.

Here's what will be in the Nugget's basket this year:
1. A travel spirograph drawing set like this one. I got one at a discount store for under $2.
2. A windup ladybug*.
3. A rainbow ribbon.  Since the Nugget channels Will Farrell, he's gotta have the right props.  Maybe a jazz flute next year.
4. Colored pencils in a metal tube*. I bet he'll have more fun taking them in and out of the container than he does coloring with them.
5.  His own kid-sized glass pitcher.  He loves to pour carefully, and I think he's ready!  I'm going to fill it with milk and let him pour his own cup for each meal.

Baby Cabbage and Baby Cupcake are each getting a board book*.  Jamberry and Peek-a-Who, respectively.

One more (unisex! multiage!) idea for you.  Mix and match any of these items below to fit your recipient.


Bathtime Basket
1. Bubble bath
3. Stacking bath cups - for the babies
4. A classic rubber duck - this one actually squeaks, although it's not recommended for teethers, so this is a 3+ treat! I recently read that bath toys that squirt water need to be replaced once a year or they can harbor mold. Eww.
5.  A boat made from recycled milk jugs!
6.  Rub-a-dub dirty dogs.  Scrub them with warm water to "wash away the mud".
7.  A toy shaving kit.  I vaguely remember my brother and I having a kit like this.  It's probably a fuzzy memory because I'm sure we would have used up all the foam soap in one go.  So fun!


*Purchased at Borders closing sale - sniff, sniff*

Comments

  1. Can I tell you that still, I have the pic of Brady sitting in the Easter basket on our fridge. I smile at it every time I see it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts