Happy St. Patrick's Day 2011



Today, the Nugget found festive socks (green-orange-white argyle from the Target Dollar Spot) and some golden chocolate coins waiting for him on the kitchen table.  I bought his t-shirt on clearance after St. Patty's Day last year at the Gymboree outlet, and the makeshift sleeves are a pair of his old BabyLegs.  I've had the headband for years.  I added a bonus picture of the Nugget's first St. Patrick's Day, because it's one of my all-time favorites.

Grammy sent a crazy number of green smiley stickers last year, and the Nugget proudly took them to school and passed them out to his friends and teachers.  Since the college kids who normally help at the preschool are on spring break this week, I got to volunteer in his classroom.  I dropped him off, had lunch with Hubby, took a walk on campus, and spent the rest of the afternoon getting lots of love from 18 3-year-olds!  The Nugget did much better sharing me than he did when I volunteered over fall break.

We had a beautiful sunshiny day and even hit 70 degrees in the afternoon....heavenly!  Came home to corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot, and opened some windows in the house for the first time this year.
*****************************
May your mornings bring joy
and your evenings bring peace
May your troubles grow less
as your blessings increase!


 

Comments

Popular Posts