Let's get this show on the road


It's the eve before my final foster parent training class.  Hubby is currently at Kinko's, copying this stack of paperwork (and it's only Part I) before we mail it off tomorrow.  (Clearly, I'm not cut out to be a hand model like my sister!)  Wish I could hand it in at training tomorrow, but since this is the state/county we're talking about, of course everything has to go to a different office.

It's been sort of nice to be in a holding pattern; we know if a foster child is placed with us, we might not be allowed to travel out of state, and well, our entire extended family lives out of state.  If our foster child becomes adoptable, that can be a 12-24 month process, so that's a long time to be trapped at home.  So waiting has given us an opportunity to visit every branch of the family tree over the past month, without having to get the county's permission.  I've also been experiencing a zen-like feeling in our current state of 3, knowing and feeling that life will be ok and good if even if we don't have another human being join the party.  But now, I am chomping at the bit and eager to get moving again.

In adoption news, the CPS forms did indeed clear, and our homestudy is now officially, legally, and completely approved through March 2012, so while we move ahead with the foster care road, there is also a chance that we could still be chosen again through our adoption agency.

I'm trying to stop looking at a family of four as our end goal and just to marvel at how crazy this ride is.  Try as I may, I can't see the finish line, and I don't want to miss a thing on our way.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts