Milestone

Yesterday I woke up to the sound of the toilet flushing and little hands being washed.  I was tickled because not often does the Nugget take himself to the bathroom - usually he calls me and I take him.  I hurried to wash my face and pop in my contacts, hearing rhinos stampede above me.

I was finishing up and grabbing the clean laundry basket to bring with me upstairs when I heard little Nugget feet coming down the stairs.  I rushed to stop him, imagining his little socks slipping on the hardwood, but when I opened the door....he was fully dressed!  He'd found the stack of clothes we'd set out the night before!  Both shirt and pants were on the right way (his underpants were backwards, but I didn't discover that until later), and the pants had a zipper/slider fly that he'd managed to secure all by himself.  Socks and shoes even!  I expect this was probably a fluke and that he'll require his personal dresser today, but I am so proud of the Nugget.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts