Baked Brie

I tried a new recipe for baked brie tonight, and it's a winner for sure.

Baked Brie - adapted from All Recipes
Small wheel of brie (I used the Presidente brand in the small wood box)
5 sheets Phyllo dough, thawed - find it in the freezer section near the frozen pies
Pepper Jelly - I used the Tastefully Simple Jalapeno Pepper Jelly but I think raspberry jam or Harry and David's Pepper and Onion Relish would be yummy too.
Olive oil

Lay out a single sheet of phyllo on a cutting board.  Brush with olive oil.  Top with another sheet of phyllo and repeat.  When you get to the final sheet, instead of brushing it, center your wheel of brie on top.  Spread a light layer of jelly on top of the brie.  Wrap the sides of the phyllo up and around the cheese.  Brush the top with olive oil and bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes until phyllo is crunchy and light golden brown at the edges.

We enjoyed it on whole wheat crackers with thinly sliced apples on top, but I think pears, grapes, pecans, and fresh baked bread would be other nice additions.

Unfortunately, I have a ton of thawed phyllo now and no way to use it.  Guess I'll be searching for more recipes!

Comments

Popular Posts