Ugh, May!!!! First World Problems!

First of all, I know most of this is self-imposed. I had to go and lead PTO, and I made this bed. And I'm very aware that my children are lucky to have all these opportunities, and that I could choose to opt out of their extracurriculars. Still, May is the culmination of everything for school children, and when you have 3 of them, this is what happens. And the family still wants dinner. Every. Night.

Someday when the kids are out of the house, I'm told I'll look back on this time with fondness. Screw that, the way I don't long for sleepless baby nights, I will never long for elementary school Mays!

Done:
3 theatre performances for the Nugget
1 concert performance for the Nugget
gifts for choir directors
1 school dance for the Nugget and Tater
2 box office shifts
baked potato bar for Teacher Appreciation Week (affectionately nicknamed TAW in my house)
coffee cart for TAW
room service deliveries for TAW
Wonka bar raffle for TAW
5 days of snacks for TAW
2 shifts at The Brain Lair Bookstore
Mother's Day gifts for moms and birthmoms
Girls on the Run volunteer shift
2 day swim meet for Spork
personal gifts for teachers
gifts to CCD teachers
flyers printed and distributed for concession stands
2 concession stands for instrumental concerts
1 concert performance for Spork
1 parent showcase for my art class
2 field trip permission slips signed and money turned in
1 Leonardo daVinci costume rented and returned from the local costume shop for the Nugget's oral report.
1 day of Bike to School week for the Nugget and Tater
2 track meets (Hubby coaching and home late)

Still to go...before the month is out...
PTO shopping for teacher wish lists
locating outstanding raffle winners and delivering prizes
organizing and storing TAW leftovers
1 more parent showcase for my art class
Feltie Addiction's first art show! (I'll get around to blogging about my new business venture eventually...but not this month!)
Making stress balls at The Brain Lair Bookstore
4 concession stands for school musical...but first, gotta print and distribute those flyers!
1 performance in school musical for Spork
Open Mic night for the Nugget, with both Spork and Tater in tow
another 2 day swim meet for Spork
gift for bus driver
Making play dough with kindergartners
Tap Night party/rehearsal for B
gift for tap teacher
2 more track meets? 3?
Hosting a dinner for Hubby's colleague?! Ack, the horror! Clean the house, tame the children, and cook on a school night?!
"Mom, what are we doing for Memorial Day weekend?" (I got for a belated hibernation.)

Balls Dropped so far:
1 therapy appointment completely forgotten.
1 crockpot dinner thought out, but then I realized our crockpots were at one of the schools in preparation for the baked potato bar! Hahhahahaha!
4 overdue Leonardo daVinci books
Are the hermit crabs still alive? I'm afraid to check.
Laundry mountain may take over the house.



Comments

Popular Posts