Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

I love my crockpot, especially when during the summer.  It doesn't make the house hot like the oven does, but it's a do-ahead option that lets me eke a little more family time out of the evenings.

This meal is not pretty, I mean it's possibly the ugliest entree I've ever enjoyed...so don't make it for company.  But it's very tasty!

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing - adapted from AllRecipes
2-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
6 slices swiss cheese
1 can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c milk
2 c dry stuffing mix
1-4 tbsp butter (we use 1, I think the original recipe called for a whole stick, but it's not necessary)

Grease crockpot with cooking spray.  Lay in chicken, cover with cheese.  Top with soup and milk, then stuffing mix and butter.  Cook on low for 5-8 hours.  You'll want to give this one a little stir around the last hour or so, so the stuffing will cook evenly.  Enjoy with steamed asparagus or cauliflower.

Comments

Popular Posts