Little Squirt

Paint water pictures on the house.
Bring a friend to your art gallery.
 Polish your sweet ride.
Spray your chalk until it's soaking wet, draw, and squirt it away.

One of the myriad things I loved about the Nugget's preschool was the weekly email home lesson plan.  It was entirely optional, but full of enticing, time-killing, brain-feeding, imagination-sparking activities you could do at home with your child.  Most were free or involved very little expense.  We weren't able to complete many of them during the school year, but I tucked away a lot of fun ideas for the summer.

One of them involved purchasing a cheap spray bottle and finding different ways to use it.  I needed one to water our carrot seedlings in the garden anyway, so I found a fuschia one that I knew the Nugget would love.  Above are just a few activities the Nugget enjoys with the squirt bottle.  He also likes to spray my hair and play hairstylist with a comb, pretend scissors, and hair clips, fill it with drinking water and taste it, wet the sand in his sand table, bring it into the bathtub and give his octopus "eye drops", fill the sink in his playhouse, practice squirting letters onto the fence, and spray it in his wading pool and watch the water ripple.

Comments

  1. Good idea! Ladybug would love that. She's always saying she wants wet sand in the sandbox to build castles...so after reading this I'm gonna let her squirt and spray away. I so enjoy your blog :) Nugget is so cute, and growing SO much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts