Marguerita Pasta Salad

So many conflicting spellings for Marguerita (Margarita, Margherita), I'm not sure if I chose correctly.  Sometimes we moms pack elaborate lunches for the kids and make do with a yogurt or a granola bar for ourselves.  It's always a fun surprise when one of us brings a mama-friendly salad or dip to share, and this was my contribution to our playdate today, inspired by the pizza and by the great deal I found on fresh mozzarella!

Marguerita Pasta Salad - by me!
1 box whole wheat rotini
2 balls fresh mozzarella, diced
2 plum tomatoes, diced
3 stems fresh basil chiffonade
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Cook rotini and rinse under cold water.  Add the veggies and toss well.  Add about 1-2 tbsp vinegar to your taste and enough olive oil to lightly dress the salad.  Season with fresh ground salt and pepper, and make sure there's some at the table too.

Comments

Popular Posts