Purple Party Part 1

Working on our joint party for Cabbage and Nugget.  Decided on shades of purple as a theme - feminine enough for Cabbage and hopefully will coordinate with her birthday outfit(s), and it's the Nugget's fave, so it's all good!

Found another great invite on Shutterfly...actually, it's a baby announcement that I revamped for my purposes.  Don't be afraid to raid "inappropriate" card categories.  You can easily edit the pictures and text to make them what you need.

I have been enjoying all the creativity on the Hip Hip Hooray blog, and was inspired by these numbers.  I decided to use a technique I learned in grade school to make the numbers fluffier.  It was easy, and I managed to finish both numbers in the time it took Hubby to watch 2 episodes of LOST (although I'll admit repetitive tasks are my forte, so it might take you longer).  I hope to get a good photo op of the children holding up their numbers so I can tuck a wallet size print into each thank you note.  You could easily do an initial the same way.  Depending on where/how we want to display them, I might add a loop of ribbon with a dab of hot glue.

Cut a cardboard number (this is an old Vera Bradley box - use what you have) and snip squares of tissue
I used about 4 full-sized sheets of tissue per number (the 4 took more)

Add glue to cardboard form

Form pouf around a pencil eraser

Attach.  

Done!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts