Waiting for August


(I cannot resist the urge lay a big smooch on the Nugget's soft cheek.)
N: (swatting me away...already at not-even-4!)  No, Mama!  You have to ask first!
Me:  I'm sorry.  May I give you a kiss, please?
N:  No, not right now.  Maybe later.  Maybe in August.

We are sitting outside at a restaurant, watching cars go by on a busy street.
N:  "Whoa, they're going to the library in a hurry!"

Our new game in the tub is carwash.  The Nugget puts on his swim goggles, and he happily watches the water and suds drip down his "windshield", as I sing Car Wash very poorly.  Why haven't I thought of this before?

Speaking of singing, I was pushing the Nugget on the swing at the park, and he just started ruefully singing Rolling in the Deep.

The Nugget sometimes likes to play "Daddy".  He will get out his 2 dolls and push them in the stroller, or take them grocery shopping.  One dolly babbles when you turn it on, and he comforts her, "It's ok.  I know, I know."  Today, he swaddled her, then announced, "Ok, bye.  I'm going fishing now."

Comments

Popular Posts