Wanna-be Aussie


Things I never thought I'd say for 300, Alex.
"Please use your hand to pet the dog, not the cup holder."  I will clarify that the Nugget had detached the cup holder from his car seat and was using it to pet/brush the dog; he wasn't stroking the cup holder.  Whoever thought it was a good idea to make the cup holders easily detachable clearly didn't have children.

Tonight I made BLTAs (the a is for avocado) on wheat toast.  Thought I had an easy dinner in the bag and was mentally commending myself for a job well done.  Then TWICE I wrapped freshly rinsed iceberg in a dishtowel to dry, and TWICE I washed my hands, grabbed for the towel without thinking and splattered lettuce all over the floor.

As all parents know, children who are playing happily and independently will suddenly and urgently need you the second you get on the phone.  Grammy claims the four of us even did that to her as teenagers.  (God bless her, I don't know how she restrained herself from clobbering my whiny teenage self with the phone.)  Today, the Nugget came over seconds after I answered a call and started nagging begging me to read him How are you Peeling?  I said I would be happy to read it to him after I was done with the phone, and while he was waiting, he could choose to play quietly or he could read the book to Sheep (a lovey conveniently sitting on a couch).  He shook his head sadly and said, "Sheep hates that book."

Thanks to Wombat Walkabout and Marsupial Sue, the Nugget has a strong affinity for pouched furry friends.  Maybe that's why he keeps rearranging his seasonal window gems from USA to AUS?

Pictured:  The Nugget pets a puppy at EcoFest.  With his hand, not with a cup holder.

Comments

Popular Posts