Chipmunk


We went for a nature walk and saw a chipmunk cross our path.  It squealed, "Chip!" and scurried into the bushes.  The Nugget laughed for a full minute, then asked why it ran away.  I told him that the chipmunk thought we might try to eat it, and the Nugget thoughtfully countered, "We don't eat chipmunks.  Just chips."

The Nugget was playing hide and seek. When I found him, I pretended that I wasn't sure it was him at first, a game he adores.  Then he called Daddy in for a second opinion, so I reported my findings.
M:  Here's how you can tell it's a Nugget.  First of all, you can look at its toes, and it has the very finest toes.  Also, it has a belly button...
N:  And its belly button is surprised, like this!  (stretches his belly button gently) And the belly button says, "Ooo!  I'm so surprised!"  And that's how you can tell I'm a Nugget.

A common Nugget saying these days is, "Why did I do that?"  Usually after he does something incredibly silly or bizarre.  We tell him that he's the only one who knows, but that doesn't seem to satisfy him.

Comments

Popular Posts