Pearls from the Nugget

Recent one-liners:
"Now you're laughin'."
"I'm starving right now."
"Oh, man!"  His tone has just the right tinge of disappointment to it.  But he doesn't always use it in context, which makes it all the more entertaining.

Me:  (tucking Nugget in bed for the night) Oh, you are all snug.
Nugget:  And warm and comfy-cozy.

The nonsensical knock, knock jokes are here.  Thanks to Dawa for the inspiration.  I love them.
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Nugget.
Nugget who?
Nugget Table.

The Nugget bestowed Tater with a great sign of affection tonight.  I let him pick out her washcloth when I give her a bath, and he said, "Tater can borrow my Henry washcloth."  Henry was a boy in the Nugget's class, but he recently moved away.  As a parting gift, he gave each classmate a washcloth rolled up into a cute cupcake shape topped with a play cherry.  The Nugget has been glued to his Henry-washcloth since, so it was a big deal for him to loan it to Tater.  He has such a big heart, and we are so proud of him.

The Nugget received 2 dog lovies for Christmas, and he named them both Charlie, after Grandma and Papa's Maltese.

He also received a new puppy memory game.  His favorite cards have little Yorkies in yellow mugs.  The mugs have hearts on them.  So when he flips them over, he declares, "Dog in a love cup!"  Sometimes he gets dogs that, "Are not my favorites."  If he gets a match of an unfavored dog, he will generously give his opponent the cards, "You can have those puppies, because they are not my favorites."

Me:  I think we're all feeling tired tonight.
Nugget:  Not me!  I am feeling playful!

More words deemed to be hilarious:
-Soda
-Whippet - "a little dog with a funny nose"

Comments

Popular Posts