Valentine's Day 2012

Time for all things pink and red!  The Nugget had two parties to attend.  Here is what he passed out at school today.  School requested no food/treats due to allergy concerns.  I split 3-packs of sand utensils from the Target Dollar Spot (purchased ahead at the end of last summer), and bought a 24-pack of dinosaurs (Target Valentine's section) for under $4.  I bagged each dino in a tiny treat bag, added a tag and ribbon.  And check out the handle on the red plastic shovel - coincidentally, the hole used to zip-tie the pack together is heart-shaped!


And here is what he passed out last week at our annual (final?  *sniff*) Moms' Meetup party.  (It was the first time I took all 3 out solo, but I wasn't really alone, because the room was filled with friends jumping up to loan a hand.)  If you've never seen a fortune fish before, it's a thin red plastic fish that you lay in your palm, and it curls up from the heat of your hand.  The way the fish moves relates to your feelings/personality, like a mood ring.  Mine were purchased through the link above, but were actually leftover from Cabbage's baby shower, so it was an inexpensive <3 Day for me.  If you can't tell, I love corny puns for kids' valentines, I think it's a requirement!


For our at-home celebration tomorrow, each child will receive a book, purchased at Barnes and Noble with during a 50% off sale and free shipping with my membership.  And if I can muster the effort, I think I will take the crew out for ice cream, although the babies won't be indulging.

Plant a Kiss by Amy Krouse Rosenthal for the Nugget
Peekaboo, I Love You by Sandra Magsamen for Spork
We Belong Together by Joyce Wan for Tater

Hope your Valentine's Day is special!

Comments

Popular Posts