Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Time for all things pink and red!  The Nugget had two parties to attend.  Here is what he passed out at school today.  School requested no food/treats due to allergy concerns.  I split 3-packs of sand utensils from the Target Dollar Spot (purchased ahead at the end of last summer), and bought a 24-pack of dinosaurs (Target Valentine's section) for under $4.  I bagged each dino in a tiny treat bag, added a tag and ribbon.  And check out the handle on the red plastic shovel - coincidentally, the hole used to zip-tie the pack together is heart-shaped!


And here is what he passed out last week at our annual (final?  *sniff*) Moms' Meetup party.  (It was the first time I took all 3 out solo, but I wasn't really alone, because the room was filled with friends jumping up to loan a hand.)  If you've never seen a fortune fish before, it's a thin red plastic fish that you lay in your palm, and it curls up from the heat of your hand.  The way the fish moves relates to your feelings/personality, like a mood ring.  Mine were purchased through the link above, but were actually leftover from Cabbage's baby shower, so it was an inexpensive <3 Day for me.  If you can't tell, I love corny puns for kids' valentines, I think it's a requirement!


For our at-home celebration tomorrow, each child will receive a book, purchased at Barnes and Noble with during a 50% off sale and free shipping with my membership.  And if I can muster the effort, I think I will take the crew out for ice cream, although the babies won't be indulging.

Plant a Kiss by Amy Krouse Rosenthal for the Nugget
Peekaboo, I Love You by Sandra Magsamen for Spork
We Belong Together by Joyce Wan for Tater

Hope your Valentine's Day is special!

No comments:

Post a Comment