Falling Back

Sometimes life gives you a curveball that you didn't know you needed.  Over the past few weeks, we've had some growing pains.  Literally.  As in a combination of one baby waking at night with teething complaints, and the other not napping during the day without a fight.  Consequently, I've had to take a hard look at my energy output and scale back what is not truly necessary.  I'm still tired, but just reducing my Facebook time has made a huge difference.  I'm also giving myself permission to make one cop-out meal a week now, like grilled cheese or frozen lasagna.  Swim lessons ended for the season, and we're going to skip the next round so we can go apple picking and playground hopping instead.  Probably this is a "duh" moment for my introvert friends and readers, but for an extrovert with a bad case of the people-pleasin', it's like a revelation.  Welcome back, sanity.

 Tater, I "like" that you play football while wearing a corduroy dress and stripey tights.

Spork, I "like" that you climb to the top of the swingset only to call me for a prompt lift down to solid ground.

My internal clock is set with an autumn start-over, perhaps remnants of school years past, as if arming myself with snappy new binders, looseleaf paper, and "a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils" would give me a fresh start in life.  It's like my new year's, so I guess scaling falling back (pun intended) is my resolution.   With my newfound energy, I even found time to organize a shelf that's been driving me nutty all summer!  Got any fall resolutions of your own?

Comments

Popular Posts