Spring Break

We don't typically enjoy a Spring Break, which baffles many since Hubby works for a university.  Alas, the students' movements don't affect his work schedule much at all.  And the Nugget's school is basically the only one in the area that also forgoes a spring break.

Still, I took it upon lately-grouchy self to have an attitude adjustment and treat this week like a mini spring break for the little ones.  I think it's doing me some good!  I decided we wouldn't spend a lot, but we'd do a mini adventure every day instead of just a couple times during the week, and having that to look forward to each morning has given me more energy to face the day.

I think we all have our seasons of ups and downs, and lately I've just been feeling a little trapped.  Trapped in the house over the long winter, trapped by the schedule of naptime and school pickup, trapped by the Nugget in the hallway at school while he stalls instead of zipping his backpack while Spork and Tater bicker and whine impatiently, trapped by my own cycle of ambition/failure at housework, trapped by the clock and my own fatigue, trapped by the incessant demands of my lovely little trio who turn into crazed maniacs at the tick of 4pm.  But these traps mostly exist in my mind, so it's time to shake it up and get creative.  Like how trading the stroller/leash for the red wagon at school pickup has made a world of difference.  It's time to open the windows and let some fresh air inside!

 Furry girls, Lil' B and our Ol' Lady S.

 Swap that sippy cup for a travel coffee mug, and she's driving just like me.  Be afraid.

Sneaking in some fine motor work with Spork.  Rubber bands around a can of beans.

Riding the Sweep before meeting Daddy for lunch.  It was a good day, followed by an epic meltdown, which is just your basic tangible evidence of a great morning.  If they're not crying at naptime, I didn't wear them out enough ;)

A peaceful morning at the Farmer's Market.

Farm fun at Ag Days.

Tater's sense of humor continues to grow.  She likes to joke that everything has a poopy diaper.  This week, she told me her first non-diaper joke, "A dolphin's driving Daddy's car!"  I replied, "Really?!" and she said, "NO!" and collapsed in a fit of giggles.

We went out to dinner, a rare occasion now, but Spork remembered exactly how it should go.  When the host's stand was empty (he was rolling silverware in the back), Spork queried, "Where da guy go?"

Children reflect your vocabulary back to you all the time, but especially in the toddler years.  Things I didn't realize I said so often until I heard it in toddler lisps:
"Holy moly!"
"Oh dear."
"Hmm, let's see."






Comments

Popular Posts