Now I can drive the car?

I recently complimented Tater on her nose blowing skills. She expertly pulled a single tissue from the box, honked her little nose, threw it away, and washed her hands, unprompted.  I exclaimed, "Wow, so grown-up!"  She immediately countered hopefully, "So now I can drive the car?"


Spork has taken to sometimes washing his hands quite thoroughly for 2-4 minutes.  He used to slap dash and skip the soap, so I have been pretty supportive of his lengthier sudsing, even if it is a bit inconvenient.  But today, he had hit the 5 minute mark and was still going strong, so I came in to make sure he wasn't flooding the bathroom.  He was pumping hand soap on his sister's toothbrush and earnestly scrubbing the sink til it sparkled.  "I scwubbin' the sink for you, Mommy!"


The kids love when I give voice to their stuffed animals, so Llama Llama was watching Mighty Machines with them and having a bit of anxiety about the impending dynamite explosion.  This is Tater's usual fear, and Llama's theatrics were helping as she was trying to comfort him instead of launching herself like a frightened squid onto the nearest brother's head. Then Llama got silly and started being scared of the crane operator's mustache, and the Nugget piped up, "Don't worry, Llama, when someone has a mustache, it means he's actually a hard worker."




Comments

Popular Posts