The Nugget's Farm Party - belated post

Invitation - Shutterfly

Menu
The Nugget's favorite chevre from our local cheese shop.  He has expensive taste.
Aged cheddar
Baguettes
Summer sausage from the Farmer's Market
Berries and watermelon
Crackers
Lemonade, iced tea, water
Cups of dirt - instant chocolate pudding with crushed Oreos on top and gummy worms served on the side.  I prepped the pudding ahead and portioned it into Bell jars for transport in the cooler.  The Oreo crumbs I brought separately in a plastic container and topped the jars.  If I do this again, I will use the mini jars, as most kids only ate a few bites of pudding.


Favors
Die cast tractors from Tractor Supply Co.  I did have to go to two stores to get enough.
Lindt chocolate frogs purchased on Easter clearance. 
Tied up with twine, of course!

Decorations
We couldn't improve on the beauty of nature, but I used a chalkboard banner and slate from the Target Dollar Spot (I think Spritz still makes them at a higher price point) to mark our little picnic spot and brought a cow print tablecloth.  I also decorated the birthday boy in a tractor t-shirt.  It's surprisingly hard to find a non-babyish looking tractor tee, so off to Etsy I went to find this gem!  It's quickly become a favorite in his wardrobe.




Farm Activities
Rope swing
Hay loft fun
Animals galore - I had not anticipated that Daddy would be jumpy around the loose goats and chickens, but now I know.
Pony rides
Tractor ride

Comments

Popular Posts