The Monster Clowns Return


I woke up to find a chipper Tater puttering with her doll house, and she immediately began to chat me up as I put in my eyedrops and blearily groped for the coffee maker.
"The monster clowns are back, so I had to come sleep downstairs on the brown couch.  One monster clown got in my bed with me, and the other one was looking at me through the window with his ONE GIANT EYE."  She seemed more excited than frightened, but I am still traumatized; also a little perplexed as to how she can come up with a deleted scenes plotline out of Stephen King's It at the tender age of four.  Anyway, now we spray her room at bedtime with monster clown repellent.  And I'm contemplating the need to splash a little holy water around the room too.

Today at the pharmacy, Tater asked, "Why are they wearing those (lab) coats?"  I responded that it was their uniform, and she demanded, "Well, are they going to sing and dance?"

I opened the freezer door, and when Tater felt the blast of icy air, she declared, "Shiver me timbers!"


Spork watched with interest while I planted snapdragons. When Tater came around the corner to see what we were doing, Spork declared, "Mommy pwantin' the fwowers in da ground, because them bored in dat black fing (the black plastic flat). Now dem not bored anymore!"

It is truly magical living with two 4 year olds.  They keep me laughing and looking at the world from their fascinating perspective.



Comments

Popular Posts