Monsters from the north


This child has discovered makeup and face paint, and let's just say that moderation isn't her strong suit.  This was layer #1 (she's an owl), and she added layers 2, 3, 4, and 5 after the picture was taken!

Tater occasionally tiptoes down the stairs in the middle of the night, does something mysterious, and then goes back to bed.  We don't interrupt the process - so far, whatever she does at night doesn't seem to cause messes or trouble.  Anyway, in the morning, sometimes she will recount a bit of what happened during her night walks.  "When I came downstairs last night, there were tiny people walking down the railing and down the steps with me.  They were so tiny!"

Tater was putting the finishing touches on a creation made from washi tape, paper, band-aids, curling ribbon, and Scotch tape.  When we asked her to please set it in a safe place before bed, she declared, "Well, ooookaaay, but the monsters are just going to get it."  I offered to write a sign for the project that read, "Monsters, do not touch!"  She was pleased with the suggestion and helped me make the sign, but when I positioned it next to her project, she shook her head.  "It needs to go over here.  The monsters come from that direction."  (She pointed to the north, just in case you need to adjust your own monster-related signage.)

T:  When I sleep at night, there are a lot of tiny Mommies that sleep in my bed too.
M:  Do they look like me?
T:  Yep!  But they're wearin' pajamas and making little sleepy sounds.



Comments

Popular Posts