Meet Boomer

The day Shamrock passed away, my good friend C messaged me that her parents' Blue Heeler had Border Collie puppies and that we could have one if we wanted.  Thankfully, we had a few weeks to grieve before the pups were old enough to leave their mother, and by the time they hit 8 weeks, we felt ready.  I had originally mused that an older dog might be easier, but realized that the kids would bond better and help more with a puppy.  Also, as a herding breed addict, I was really drawn to the ACD - would its work hard/crash hard demeanor temper the non-stop action of a BC?

C and her kids helped us pick out the perfect puppy.  Active but not hyper, cuddly but not overly needy.  Her sister generously drove him from IA to IL for us, and Hubby went to go get him from Chicago.

The kids and I tossed around a billion names before his arrival, and we finally all agreed on Boomer.  He's a drop-dead gorgeous puppy (people literally squeal when they see him) and a quick learner.  He loves a good romp with the Nugget but he is chill enough to lie at my feet when I'm working in the office.  If I sit on the floor, he's immediately snuggling in my lap asking for a belly rub.  My blood pressure is lower already.  I'm off to inhale the delightful aroma of his puppy Frito paws.








Comments

Popular Posts