Where The Wild Things Are Baby Shower

I had the great pleasure of throwing my friend and boss a baby shower!  I tossed several themes to her for feedback and was delighted that she landed on Where the Wild Things Are.

The entry got some 3D paper leaves and fringed crepe paper vines.  The venue happened to have plentiful faux plants, so I dragged a couple pots to the doorway to give guest a nice jungle welcome.


Invitation, What's In Your Purse game, and Wild Rumpus print. - these were all gorgeous printables, and the Etsy seller was a delight.  I had them printed on matte white card stock at Staples and framed the print to double as a gift.

I picked up some wooden letters for the baby's name and hot glued moss on them.  This may have been my favorite element to the shower, and now I want to hot glue moss on everything.


We had a copy of the book and encouraged guests to write a note to baby Landon inside.  The tropical leaves from Amazon are washable!  They'll do double duty at Spork's banana split party.


I planned the menu based off our mama's pregnancy cravings.  Lucky for us, it was nachos and ice cream.  I put beans, taco meat, queso, and seasoned rice in crockpots.  The cold toppings included fresh and pickled jalapeños, red and green salsas, guacamole, sour cream, black olive slices, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and chopped green onions.  I added in a fruit platter and veggie tray.  My friend owns the cutest canvas that reads, "I'll eat you up, I love you so," and she let me borrow it for the food table.  It matched the gold plates and white napkins from Target.  Target also put out felt leaf banners and these adorable gold embellished dessert plates just in time for the shower.  We did a ginger ale/limeade/mango sherbet punch as well as LaCroix and Pellegrino.  I set out these adorable straws. (And I'm sure I'll talk somebody into a woodland tea party so I can use up the rest at some point!). No photos of dessert, but I used one of my many large oval metal buckets from Target and filled it up with mango Johnny Pops and Haagen Dazs ice cream bars (on special at Costco) and walked around to each table.  A friend walked with me to pass the dessert plates and napkins.




We were expecting a handful of children, so I grabbed glittery gold crowns and had my face paints as well as green nail polish for impromptu manicures.


I forgot to snap a photo of the little centerpieces, but they were simple little plants with glossy green leaves from Home Depot.  I repotted them in inexpensive terra cotta pots and gave them away at the end of the shower.  I paired them with some of these moss rocks for texture.

 We played the What's in Your Purse game and a friend set several timers for me during the gift opening.  When the timer buzzed, the gift giver whose gift was currently being opened won a prize!  Prizes included wine, coffee, some Italian candies, a luxe hand soap (with tropical leaves on the label), and the perfect little tropical leaf wallet from Charming Charlie.


I made my aunt's butter cookies with this crown cookie cutter, yellow icing, and edible glitter.  I put them in cello bags sealed with gold glitter tape.  Fresh Thyme carries these amazing soaps in Forest and Mint scents, and I had already pinned labels saying, "From my shower to yours", so it was a perfect match.  The little green battery lights and the white cake stand were shockingly in the Target dollar section in May.  The stumps and chalkboards belong to the school, and I love borrowing them for parties, as they're so neutral and versatile.


I love planning parties, and this was was especially satisfying since it was for mostly adults who noticed the little details.

Comments

Popular Posts